Holy cr*p! Jake’s talking about a game again. Yeah, it’s been a while, and to be honest I don’t have an awful lot to say on the topic because to be honest, I don’t wanna get to involved in the CoD scene…but I’ve said that a few times now.
Yes, AW looks pretty damn good and it damn well better be since this seriously is the last thread for me as far as CoD goes. If this fails, I’m 100% done with the franchise, especially after Ghosts, one of the worst of all of them.
Anyway, it looks like Sledgehammer has brought the one main thing CoD needed…change! The entire franchise was becoming very stale and it needed a boost; but by the looks of what I’ve seen on YT, they’ve given it more than a face lift, they’ve helped it be reborn like a phoenix out of ashes. Call of Duty has upgraded! Though, of course, there are many who are not okay with this.
One thing that was recently announced was that the new game will have separate playlists for people who don’t want to play with exo suits. It will be interesting to see which way the competitive side leans. Will they play with or without the suits?
So here’s my observations of the game so far
- Faster paced both in regards to general gameplay and movement
- More verticality thanks to exo suits
- Reverting back to the classic map type (including a remastering of old maps)
- New perks & kill streaks
- Some of the biggest changes to call of duty yet!
- Capture The Flag
- Team Deathmatch
- Kill Confirmed
- Search and Rescue
- As seen in Ghosts
- A remake of the World at War game mode ‘War’
- Basically CTF but with a throwable ball. You have a ball on your team and you have to get the ball through the hoop. 2 points for jumping through the hoop, 1 point for throwing and you can pass the ball to your other team mates.
- Search and Destroy
- Combat Readiness Program
- Vs bots
So far, we know of 5 maps that will be in the game, one of which will probably only be available to people who pre-order – something I am 100% uncomfortable doing when it comes to COD – but you gotta appreciate the balls it takes to segregate your players on release day. Fact: If only some people have certain maps, the game is not as good as it could be.
Anyway, this bonus map will be a remake of Piepline from Call of Duty 4 (Modern Warfare), arguably the best COD. Period.
The other 4 maps that we know of are
- Riot: A post-riot prison offering a “medium-sized map utilizing the classic 3-lane design offering two large open areas on the side of the map along with a large destroyed cell block in the middle.”
- Defender: “A large map featuring open gameplay perfect for using exoskeleton abilities and sniper rifles” set in an abandoned bunker underneath the Golden Gate bridge.
- Bio Lab: “Bio Lab features both close quarters indoor combat along with long-range outdoor terrain with added verticality for quick and fast-paced action.”
- Ascend: All we know of this is that it’s in a “space elevator terminal.”
Since I know very little about weapons I’m going to just screen cap the list of weapons from the COD wiki page. You can click it for more info on each weapon
However, there are a few things I would like to point out here. The parabolic microphone will be a big deal to people playing S&D along with the announcement from Sledgehammer that the “Dead Silence” perk will not be allowed in those game types. This means that players will have to change their play style quite drastically in Search and Destroy now.
It should also be noted that some of these are the directed energy weapons that basically act like the Forerunner weapons from Halo 4.
Perks & Scorestreaks
Tier 1 Perks
Low Profile · Lightweight · Overcharged · Danger Close · Flak Jacket
Tier 2 Perks
Blind Eye · Peripherals · Fast Hands · Cold-Blooded · Gung-Ho
Tier 3 Perks
Toughness · Scavenger · Blast Suppressor · Hard Wired · Hardline
Perk 1 Greed · Perk 2 Greed · Perk 3 Greed · Streaker · Overkill · Primary Gunfighter · Secondary Gunfighter · Tactician · Bombardier
- Aerial Recon Drone
- 300 points
- 425 points
- Aerial Assault Drone
- 450 points
- Orbital Care Package
- 500 points
- Remote Turret
- XS1 Vulcan
- 600 points – Tablet controlled laser beam from an orbiting satellite.
- Bombing Run
- 600 points
- 700 points – Similar to VTOL from BOII
- XS1 Goliath
- 800 points – “a manually piloted suit of advanced armor with heavy weapons. Players have the capability to self-destruct the suit.”
- 900 points
- Laser Guided Rocket (+200 score) – Add a turret that fires laser guided rockets.
- 105MM Cannon (+300 score) – Add a 105mm Turret.
- Wingman (+300 score) – Joining player mounts additional MG Turret. Replaces default ability
- Missile Strike
- System Hack
- Loot crates at the end of each game allow you to have access to rare skins (350 unique skins)
- Exo suits allow jump, double jump & dash.
- Snipers are heavier – you’re slower – LMG style
It’s just different, even the pro’s found it hard to adapt to. This realistically could wipe out a few pro players if they can’t make the changes needed.
I’m not going to pre-order no matter what they dangle in front of me to try to lure me in. You fooled me with Ghosts, you will not fool me again. However, I will definitely be following the first week of gameplay videos closely to see what it’s like before I buy.
So far, things are looking good for Sledgehammer…but will they deliver!?