Holy cr*p! Jake’s talking about a game again. Yeah, it’s been a while, and to be honest I don’t have an awful lot to say on the topic because to be honest, I don’t wanna get to involved in the CoD scene…but I’ve said that a few times now.
Yes, AW looks pretty damn good and it damn well better be since this seriously is the last thread for me as far as CoD goes. If this fails, I’m 100% done with the franchise, especially after Ghosts, one of the worst of all of them.
Anyway, it looks like Sledgehammer has brought the one main thing CoD needed…change! The entire franchise was becoming very stale and it needed a boost; but by the looks of what I’ve seen on YT, they’ve given it more than a face lift, they’ve helped it be reborn like a phoenix out of ashes. Call of Duty has upgraded! Though, of course, there are many who are not okay with this.
Hardly makes news, but I thought I would mention it.
Yes, Steam have released an open beta for their in-app music player that can be accessed from the in-game overlay (the one you get when you press shift + tab).
IMHO this is pretty pointless for PC users who can easily have their standard media player – i.e. Spotify, iTunes etc. – running in the background and map some key bindings to it to control it without having to Alt+tab out of a game. If you don’t know how to do this by the way, check out Auto Hot Keys with a little patience you can map literally any command to a key binding. I will add my script for in another post. Continue reading
Riot have released a cinematic featuring some of my most favourite, and most hated – damn you Nautilus – champions; including my current favourite, Ahri!
The animation is absolutely brilliant, looking almost realistic at some points; I even got goosebumps at one point! This video absolutely 100% made my day. On the downside, I don’t have my desktop here anymore as it has been sent back home to the UK awaiting my return in September.
I’ve watched it about 3 times now and I never watch videos more than once. Remember guys: Keep Calm and Hit Charm!
My only criticism, however, is that Ahri has 9 tails…she’s ‘The Nine Tailed Fox’ for christ’s sake!!!
At E3 we saw some big titles from Ubisoft that all had one thing in common, co-op multiplayer and man did Ubisoft love shove it down our throats.
Assassins Creed Unity and Far Cry 4 will contain their usual single player mission but will contain extras that can only be accessed if you’re doing co-op multiplayer. That’s kinda okay, but I don’t want to be locked out of things I’ve paid for just because I don’t have friends, but I can let that one slide I suppose
The Division, on the other hand, practically says that the game simply cannot be played if you don’t have friends to play with making it the imperfect, perfect game.
IMO LoL > DOTA; but this is just something else. Someone has created a mod for DOTA 2 that makes a Mario kart styled version of DOTA.
Legen – wait for it – DARY!
The International e-Sports Federation (IeSF), based in Korea, is receiving a lot of heat online for their gender restrictions on the world championships. Some events are male only and others are female only but one is for both.
Male Competition: Dota 2, Starcraft 2, Hearthstone, Ultra Street Fighter IV
Female Competition: Starcraft 2, Tekken Tag Tournament 2
Originally sports were only played by men; later, women started to play too but were not allowed to compete and now we are at a point where women allowed to compete but in separate events to men. Some events are made easier for women (e.g. shorter distances in races) where others have equal events but split men and women into two separate competitions. For physical sports this makes sense – on a certain level (stick with me feminists) – but for sports that challenge mentally, like e-Sports, it doesn’t make any sense at all, it’s a completely level playing field. However, what baffles me beyond the separation is the different games that are available for each gender.
So, finally, Ubisoft have announced that they will be release a patch to fix gameplay and graphical issues across all platforms starting with PS4 & PS3 then PC and finally Xbone and 360.
The main PC fix I am looking forward to is the control and performance fixes as after 1hr of playing I downright refused to play anymore until the game was patched.
Finally that patch is here:
Major Game Fixes
- Automatically reconstructed corrupted save files which prevented loading to go further than 90%. Some collectibles may remain unrecoverable.
- Fixed the issue preventing players from using hacks in game.
- Fixed several mission-breaking bugs.
- Fixed minor mission and item-related issues.
- Fixed the issue that caused the empty weapon-wheel.
- Fixed several minor respawn issues.
- Fixed some connection and session joining issues.
PC Specific Fixes
- Fixed graphical glitches on Low & Medium settings.
- Fixed some crashes on SLI configurations.
- Implemented several performance improvements.
- Implemented a few control improvements.
- Fixed issues causing infinite messaging and timing-out when trying to access the Online Shop from the Extras Menu while Uplay is set to Offline mode.
- Fixed issues connecting to a Multiplayer game.
- Implemented several mouse modifications.
- Fixed “Drinking Game” control issue where wrong information was displayed when played with a gamepad.
- Fixed “Chess Game” control issue.
- Fixed bug where the invasion setting was never saved.
- Fixed graphical issues during cut scenes and cinematics.
- Fixed several graphical and texture bugs.
- Removed Vista OS check to prevent false positives.
- Added game version in main menu.